- Regulatory B cells in a new model of multiple sclerosis
B cells contribute to multiple sclerosis (MS); depleting them improves clinical outcomes. However, current drugs deplete most B cells, including regulatory B cells (Bregs) with beneficial anti-inflammatory properties. Studying Bregs could lead to more specific and safer therapies. Recently, we found a population of Bregs in a new mouse model of MS. In this project, our goal is to determine the nature, anatomical distribution and function of these Bregs. This project will help not only to understand Bregs, but also to identify new biomarkers and therapeutic strategies for autoimmune diseases like MS.
- A novel dendritic cell-specific protein in demyelinating autoimmune diseases
Dendritic cells (DCs) orchestrate the activity of T cells, which play a central role in multiple sclerosis (MS. A major challenge in the field is to discover DC-specific molecules that would allow to identify and target DCs with accuracy and that would help to explain their unique properties. We have recently found a novel cell-surface protein of unknown function that is exclusively produced by DCs in a mouse model of MS. The goal of this project is to clarify the function of that protein, while exploiting it as a tool to better understand DCs and autoimmune demyelination. This project will provide fundamental, applicable and patentable knowledge about that protein as well as valuable tools for future studies.
Job description, tasks and responsibilities
As part of the above projects, the research assistant will:
- Work under minimal supervision in areas such as experimental data collection, result analysis, evaluation of scientific literature;
- Prepare and perform research protocols;
- Set up and administer research tools;
- Develop new methods;
- Supervise the laboratory work of students;
- Perform bibliographic searches on projects, methods and tools;
- Perform administrative tasks;
- Contribute to the writing of scientific articles and grant applications.
You may be interested
ISNI – Nice 2021edgardo - 23 Giugno 2020
15th International Congress of Neuroimmunology
3rd Global Schools of Neuroimmunology Pre-Course
November 22-26, 2021
ESNI – Belgrade 2021stine - 23 Giugno 2020
18th European School of Neuroimmunology - ESNI