Junior Professorship for Applied Visual Systems Research
Salary Group W1 BBesG-ÜfBE – non-tenured (3 years)
The initial appointment is for three years with an option for extension for another three years following successful evaluation. It is aimed to turn the Junior Professorship into a W2-Professorship (Salary Group: W2 BBesG-ÜfBE) after six years.
We are seeking applications from outstanding scientists who wish to establish a junior research group within a highly collaborative and vibrant scientific environment at the ECRC. We are located on the research campus in Berlin-Buch adjacent to the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine. We will provide access to translational infrastructure including our patient/proband Clinical Research Unit as well as adequate laboratory space, equipment, and funding. The successful candidate should fulfill the appointment requirements in accordance with § 102a of the Berlin Higher Education Act (Berliner Hochschulgesetz, Gem. § 102a BerlHG). She/he must show an excellent track record in biomedical research and demonstrate solid leadership potential to fulfil the expectations of the junior professorship. The Junior Professor should adequately represent the research area mentioned above.
The professorship is established within the Einstein Center “Digital Future” (https://www.digital-future.berlin/) program and will be located at the ECRC (https://www.mdc-berlin.de/ecrc).
We inviting applications from outstanding candidates with an interest in:
- the use of retinal imaging beyond ophthalmology, particularly in the areas of neurology and vascular medicine
- the clinical, scientific, and structural development and combination of imaging and functional methods of the afferent visual system for specific hypotheses
- the integration of the latest technical developments in imaging and functional methods in visual-systems research
- the harmonization and optimization of procedures for translational medicine, especially clinical studies
- gender and diversity in both research and staffing
- integration into the main research areas and research associations of the Charité (www.charite.de) and into cross-faculty research networks / research training groups as well as research projects of the ECRC
- cooperation with the (pre) clinical facilities of the Charité and other institutions in Berlin and Brandenburg, in particular with the Berlin Institute for Health Research (BIH) and Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)
The successful candidate will be engaged in teaching activities of the medical education curriculum at Charité, supervise Master and Doctoral candidates, and participate in academic self-organization. In addition, the candidate should present concepts supervision of doctoral students, as well as for the integration of his/her research activities into the teaching at the Charité.
You may be interested
Position Available as a Post-doctoral Researcher at Neurocentro della Svizzera Italianastine - 1 September 2021
The position of a Post-doctoral Researcher Is available in the Parkinson’s disease group at the Laboratory for Biomedical Neurosciences (LBN), Neurocenter…
Lipid Mediators in Brain Diseasesstine - 31 August 2021
Lipid Mediators in Brain Diseases September 9-10, 2021 An in-person meeting at Hasselt University (Belgium) Organized by the University of…